Experiment - 7
To Study the over-current relay and the effect of PSM and TSM.
- Over Current Relay setup
- PC Power Chord
- Switch ON the power supply.
- Switch ON the MCB ON/OFF switch.
- Press the start button S1 so that LED (marked START) glows.
- Start varying the current for the corresponding value using current adjustment knob provided on the left side of the Relay setup module.
- After setting the fault current, press the stop button S2 and also press the reset button of the stop clock to make the displayed time to zero.
- Now press the start button S1. The stop clock starts counting and when relay trips, it stops counting.
- When the relay coil trips, the disc returns to the normal (original) position. Note down the relay current from the relay-current meter and trip time from the stop clock.
- Repeat the above procedure from step 5 for various fault currents.