SAFETY IN POWER LAB
Severity of Electric shock depends upon the following factors:
(1) Path of current through the body.
(2) Amount of current flowing through the body.
(3) Duration of the electrical current flowing through the body.
Electrical accidents are caused by the combination of following reasons:
- (1) Unsafe equipment and/or installation.
(2) Workplaces made unsafe by the enviornment, and
(3) Unsafe work practices.
Safty and Precautions:
- The supply must be turned off while wiring.
- Always wear dry rubber shoes while handling electrical wiring/equipments.
- Electrical connections should be clean and tight to avoid sparking.
- Old and damaged wiring should be replaced regularly.