Virtual Power Lab Experiments
- To study the Synchronization of alternator with infinite bus bar.
- To determine the direct axis reactance (Xd) and quadrature axis reactance (Xq) of synchronous machine.
- To determine positive sequence, negative sequence and zero sequence reactances of an alternator.
- To measure the dielectric Strength of transformer oil.
- To Study the effect of different shape of electrodes on dielectric (air) breakdown.
- To Study the gas actuated Buchholz relay for oil filled transformer.
- To Study the over-current relay and the effect of PSM and TSM.
- To determine the sub-transient (xd″), transient (xd′) and steady state reactance (xd) of a synchronous machine.
- To Study the Ferranti Effect of a transmission line/cable.